Mt. Vernon Dems Monthly Meeting
September 21, 2021 @ 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Join us for our monthly general meeting.
- Virtually: Zoom video conference
6:30 pm – Join the meeting and test your connection
7:00 pm – Call to Order
7:10 pm – Speakers
- “Breaking the Recall Fever“
- Abrar Omeish, School Board Member, Member-At-Large
- Elaine Tholen, School Board Member, Dranesville District
- Laura Jane Cohen, School Board Member, Springfield District
- Steve Descano, Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney
8:00 pm – Special Guest
- New Members
- John Adams (Fort Hunt)
- Tyler Coe (Huntington)
- Savannah Fetterolf (Huntington)
8:15 pm – Officer Reports
8:45 pm – New Business & Announcements
9:00 pm – Adjournment & Happy Hour
You can join the meeting and test your Zoom connection at anytime from 6:30 to 7:00 pm when we will be providing extra time for participants to download the software, establish and test their connections.
A few tips for video calls:
- Download the Zoom app on your device in advance.
- Mute yourself when not speaking to help reduce feedback and noise.
- Use a headset for clearer sound and microphone quality.
- Sit in a quiet, well-lit space (with lighting coming from in front of you).
- Wear a solid color top.
- Put your camera at eye level (perhaps put your laptop on top of books).
- Log in early to make sure your tech is ready.