Mt. Vernon Dems Monthly Meeting
Legislature Short Session – The Upper House
March 16, 2021 @ 7:00 – 9:00 pm
+ Happy Hour until 10:00 pm
- The Short Session: the Upper House
- It’s an odd year, so the legislature had a “short” session. Hear about it from our Mount Vernon District state senators.
- Climate Update
- Global Climate Change is the defining issue of our time. Hear an update and get involved now.
- Fiscal Year Budget
- Discussion & Vote led by Maritza Zermeño (Chair) & Sarah Jernigan (Treasurer)
Join us for our monthly general meeting.
6:30 pm – Join the meeting and test your connection
7:00 pm – Call to Order
- Celebrating Black History and Women’s History
- New Members
7:15 pm – Legislature Short Session – The Upper House
- Senator Adam Ebbin (30th District)
- Senator Scott Surovell (36th District)
- Senator George Barker (39th District)
8:00 pm – Climate Update
- Dr. Ana Prados (623 – Alban) & John Wickham (604 – Bucknell)
8:20 pm – Fiscal Year Budget Review and Vote
- Maritza Zermeño (Chair) & Sarah Jernigan (Treasurer)
8:45 pm – New Business & Announcements
9:00 pm – Adjournment & Happy Hour Discussion
10:00 pm – Happy Hour Ends
You can join the meeting and test your connection at anytime from 6:30 to 7:00 pm when we will be providing extra time for participants to download the Zoom software, establish and test their connections.
A few tips for video calls:
- Download the Zoom app on your device in advance.
- Mute yourself when not speaking to help reduce feedback and noise.
- Use a headset for clearer sound and microphone quality.
- Sit in a quiet, well-lit space (with lighting coming from in front of you).
- Wear a solid color top.
- Put your camera at eye level (perhaps put your laptop on top of books).
- Log in early to make sure your tech is ready.